Wednesday, December 2, 2009

An Explanation and an Introduction

As one with far too much to do and yet always far too much introspection going on inside my wee head I have decided to add to my perpetual sense of guilt by including the pressure of feeling the need to add to a blog from time to time.

I have entitled my blog "Pilgrim Processional" a title for which I am quite proud because it does well at communicating the basic gist of this blog while giving the blog an err of deep introspective spirituality that all truly narcissistic blogs should have. My blog, as are many blogs, will be a place for me to verbally vomit on the world around me with musings from my introspective wanderings. While I do see this blog as serving the purpose of me getting my swirling thoughts down in somewhat coherent sentences, I do hope that the main thrust of this blog will be to communicate the day in and day, or week in and week out (depending on how often I blog), challenges and experiences of living as a Pilgrim follower of Jesus Christ living in the full reality of the already and the not yet.

The reality is that I am indeed a Pilgrim, in much the same vain of Christian from Bunyan's famous book "Pilgrim's Progress", moving with painful slowness and seemingly endless backtracking and sidetracking toward the home of my King and LORD Jesus Christ. I am indeed in the midst of a life long processional that will, because of the effectual work of Christ's atonement on my behalf, most assuredly lead to my heavenly home where I will see my Savior face to face and live eternally enraptured by His beauty and the thundering, sweet, and precious noise of the saints from all of history worshipping this King.

While the destination for which this Pilgrim Processes is perfect and pure, the path of this pilgrim's processional is not. This process will not always be pretty and most likely it will often be quite messy, but in the end it will be beautiful.

1 comment: